Thursday, June 2, 2011

ready, set, TURBOFIRE.

I just finished my FIRST DAY of Turbofire!! No, I didn't even shower yet - that's how committed I am to writing this blog :)

Yesterday I did all all the pre-program things - took my measurements, set up my schedule, posted the calendar on my wall, and wrote out my goals & what I want to accomplish over the next 3 months, as well as over the next week in terms of my diet. This week I will be focusing on incorporating more fruit into my diet as well as no eating after 9PM - something I followed religiously during P90X but have stopped since graduation. This morning I also weighed myself and was actually really happy with the number on the scale - 133. Which means I dropped a solid 7 pounds doing P90X. I would LOOVEEE to see it go down to 125 by the end of Turbofire, which would put me back pre-college weight and in the best shape of my life.

Anyway, today was Day One: Fire 30/ Stretch 10. The numbers represent how long the "class" is, so 40 minutes today. They FLEWWW by and was shocked when it was over so soon. After 5 minutes, I realized I forgot my heart rate monitor (which tracks how many calories I burn) so I pushed pause and ran up to get it...but I was so involved in the workout I ended up not checking my heartrate at all and just took it off mid-way because it would not have been accurate anyway. With 15 minutes left, I got a cramp. I didn't realize how high intensity the moves are and I should've waited 2 hours instead of an hour and 15 after eating to do the workout. I took a short 2 minute water break and was back on track. With 5 minutes left I was exhausted but Chalene urged us (me) to keep our energy up and I mustered all I had left to end strong. I was dripped sweat and almost didn't go onto the stretch, but come on it's the first day I couldn't skip out already! I'm soooo glad I did it. It was so relaxing, and stretched all the right muscles. Right now I feel great, refreshed, and ready to workout again tomorrow!

Things to remember for my workout tomorrow:
1. WEAR MY HEARTRATE MONITOR. It's crucial to see how many calories I'm burning so I can adjust how many calories I take in.
2. Wear my workout sneakers.
3. Bring a towel. The sweat got into my face and onto the new carpet.

I'm going to try not to post too much about my workouts, but it's hard since it's such a huge part of my life. But in 4 weeks I re-measure and I will for sure post my results! Oh and on Week 12 I will get those before/after pictures on here . I would do the before now but lets just wait til there's a great after one to put next to it :)

If anyone's interested in learning more about what Turbofire's about or what any other Beachbody program is about, CONTACT ME! or leave a comment...or just go to my website: beachbodycoach.com/sdonk89

No comments:

Post a Comment