Friday, June 24, 2011

#Likeable Contests

I have been interning at Likeable Media now for 3 weeks & I absolutely love it! My team, 1800Ballers, is amazing and everyone in the office is fun and outgoing and it's nice to be around people who love social media as much as I do.

One of the perks for being a BuzzBuilder is the weekly contests. Once a week we attend a little training session and are then challenged to go out on our own and apply what we learned. Our first contest was a twitter contest - who can get the most followers in a week. Everyone was going twitter crazy! I maybe gained 50 followers this week, which isn't a lot compared to the 2,000 the winners gained (go Rinda & Alyssa!) but I was really happy about my progress. I now have people following me that are leaders in the social media field and also who are fellow BeachBody Coaches. My biggest accomplishment was finding Alee. Alee is one of the girls in the Turbofire workouts (which I have been obsessively doing everyday for 3 weeks now for those who don't know). She is one of the main girls on the stage to watch at all times for modified moves. She is SO outrageously fit and it's cool to see someone on twitter who you see everyday on your TV. So anyway, I followed her and was happily surprised to see she followed back. As if that wasn't cool enough, I tweeted at her and got a reply! Here's the screenshot:








That was so exciting for me! She's the closest to a celeb I have following me/tweeting with me. So even though I lost that contest, I am proud of the outcome

The other contest that just ended was a Facebook contest - who can write the most engaging status. After the loss of the first contest, I was all fired up to win this one. I immediately got to writing my status and ended up with 62 likes and 26 comments. Here's that screen shot (can you tell I finally learned how to take screenshots? lol)
















I ended up winning most likes! And tied the contest with two awesome other Buzzies - Tyler & Sam. It was a lot of fun and a great learning experience on what it takes to engage your audience. Tyler did an excellent job of offering an incentive - a free meal - to whoever liked and commented their favorite food..and Sam did a sweet poll: Kanye vs. TSwift (who could resist commenting on that?!). As for me, I decided to use "surprise & delight" and randomly chose one "like-er" to get a prize. My friend Christina won and I will be sending her a fabulous prize :)

Does your internship do any fun contests or events? What kind of facebook status would you have posted to engage your friends? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment