Thursday, June 9, 2011

Turbofire - Week One Recap

That was the quickest week of life. Week one of Turbofire is DONE (check!). It's been a lot more challenging than I had originally expected. After graduating P90X, I knew I wanted a more cardio-based program and Turbofire was calling my name. For some reason, I thought I'd be able to handle it right away - no breaks needed. I was dead wrong. The workouts are short, but intense. My heartrate has gotten as high as 192 and I have burned up to 900 calories a workout. I love every second of it. Unlike P90X, I don't find myself focused on the clock. Chalean's choreography makes me feel like I'm in a dance class, not a workout. I've been trying to push my limits, but find at times I need to modify, especially when I get winded. She alotts no set time for a water break which is the only thing I don't like..but I don't let it stop me from hitting pause - especially during Fire 55 and Fire 45 which are "EZ" workouts but not at all easy. My personal breaks are great because it allows me to catch my breathe and re-gain my energy to take it up a level.

One another thing I love is the music. There are times I can feel my body tiring out, but just as if I was in a club, the music is so good I just want to keep going! It's everything from "Play that Funky Music White Boy" to "Oh Hot Damn This is My Jam". I find myself singing and laughing along with the music and the moves (especially when she says break it down and you can dance however you want).

I've been trying really really hard to eat every 2 hours and even the new people I work with know how important it is to try to keep my metabolism up and keep track of all my calories in my journal. It's been hard, I've had more than a few slip ups this week, but it's a process. And I'm not giving up on good nutrition. It's way too important.

I weighed in today - gained a pound...I was a little upset but hey, it happens and it's only week 1..I hope by week 4 to have lost 3 pounds and I know I can get there if I try hard enough.

Recap again next week :)

Interested in starting a workout? Working out already but want some supplements? Here's my website: beachbodycoach.com/sdonk89
and PLEASE contact me and let me help you. My friend Megan purchased P90X and is a week in and has already dropped 1.5 pounds. With my help, I promise I can get you into the best shape of your life.

1 comment: