Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Tell the Story of Your Life"

For those who don't know, today was F8 - where Mark Zuckerberg gave a keynote speech about the big changes coming to Facebook. I was lucky enough to be able to watch it live streaming in my CEO's office with my Likeable crew - all of laptop's in hand, tweeting away about the upcoming Facebook revisions. The biggest change of all comes in the form of the profile - now called "Timeline".

The Timeline is a place to tell the story of your life. The most recent events coming first, showing pretty much everything you've done that day or week. But the older you go back, the less shows and the moreCacebook summarizes the important events. On the left side you will be able to scroll by year - going as far back to the day you were born. More info about it can be found here

This raises a bit of concern. Do I want my whole life displayed on the internets? I'm not sure. You can, however, to set privacy to anything and everything on your Timeline, so that's a plus.

Am I already signed up to get one of the first timelines? Yes I am! I mean, I'm really curious to see it work in real time. And I'm also kinda jealous of everyone from Likeable who posted pics of how awesome their Timelines look.

Are you excited for Timeline? How about all the other new features? Would love to hear feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm intrigued by the timeline! Privacy doesn't really bother me too much because the "story of my life" that is on Facebook right now is only the story that I put there intentionally. It's just great to see how this whole platform evolved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Ramon that you get to choose the story you want to tell you - like he said it's showcasing how you want to show yourselves to others. And I also loved seeing how it's evolved from its start to its future. Should be quite epic to see all the changes come to life.

    ReplyDelete