Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Laws of Attraction

You're at bar. You see a guy across the room. He makes eyes at you. You smile. You notice how tall and handsome he is. You want him to come talk to you.

Whether you talk to him or not you will for the rest of the night be thinking about how attractive said guy is. You will wonder if his name matches the sexiness of his outfit, you'll hope he's a good dancer, and you'll think about what it's like to kiss him.

This, I've learned, is initial physical attraction. A conversation isn't even necessary to be attracted to someone. It's just there.

Until this summer, I used to think attraction and chemistry was all in the same. Until I met guys (yes, multiple) who I have this unspeakable chemistry with. It goes beyond attraction and enters a new territory of magnetism.

I feel like chemistry happens after a said amount of time of knowing a person. It will initially start as an attraction. But the more you talk to them, the more you feel your body inching closer to theirs. You take any chance you get to make contact - brush against their arm, playfully hit a knee. You don't know why, but you just NEED to be close to them. If the other party feels it to, you won't have to wonder if they're a good kisser. You will kiss and you will know..and if you're radar for chemistry is spot on, you will get lost in that kiss. That my friends, is chemistry.

Both attraction and chemistry play an important role in the dating scene - I can't imagine seriously dating anyone I'm not attracted to. I think it's rare to find someone you have immediate chemistry with, being it's something that may grow the more time you spend together, but if you do ... go with it.

Do you agree with my difference between attraction and chemistry? Do you think one is more important that the other? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment