Monday, August 1, 2011

What's Your Sign?

One of my fabulous readers (and fellow tap dancer) Allison, asked me to write a blog about Horoscopes. I used to OBSESS over them and have them emailed to my AOL account (back when AOL was cool) everyday. I don't check it daily anymore but I love reading the general overview of my sign - what my personality quirks are, who I am most compatible with, and what activities I should enjoy. It always kinda creeps me out how some descriptions are just dead-on. Example -- in a book I read in the Likable office last week, it suggested I would have a job in communications (I have a BA in Communications). Coincidence? Perhaps. Or maybe I am just destined to be here.

Last night I checked out "Twittascope" which auto-posts your horoscope to your twitter every morning just to see if it had anything relevant to say about my day.

Someone might catch you off guard today as he or she tap dances around your probing questions. You would like to be able to trust your instincts, but others won't likely sit still long enough for you to get a read on what's happening. Wait a few days until the mysterious and the unknowable situation plays through. Thankfully, you could be left with newfound clarity and purpose.

I wish I could say that any of this happened, but it didn't.

Also, just as a side note - why do I want to read YOUR horoscope? If we're not the same sign, I don't really care what the stars have in store for your day (I know you agree, Damore!).

I'm curious on your opinions on horoscopes - Do you read yours daily? Are there any truths to them? Do you also hate when people tweet their twittascope? Comment below!!

4 comments:

  1. I don't wanna read your stinkin' horoscope, especially on Twitter. That's reDONKulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're socialized to live up to our horoscope traits...I mean yes I'm a taurus and yes I'm stubborn, but I've been reading that these things go together since I got Girl's Life magazine back in 1995 you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting theory, Aubrie. I totally remember reading Cosmo Girl and flipping directly to the back to read my horoscope at age 7 lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as this was dedicated to me, I should probably comment haha as a science person I should probably not believe in horoscopes, but I totally do and I love being a scorpio! I think the characteristics fit me really well, whether coincidence or not I will never know!

    ReplyDelete