Monday, August 1, 2011

Book Review: Science of Being Single

For those of you who don't know me very well, I usually stick to three kind of books: weird, sci-fi ish kinda books, mystery also kinda strange books with courtroom drama intertwined, and sappy lovey romance books (like anything by Nikolas Sparks). But as I was browsing my library's shelves, a bright pink cover caught my eye and I read the words "The Science of Being Single". And as a newly single gal, I figured why not? I could use a change up in my reading habits. This non-fiction book followed a writer's experiment in the dating realm. Quite hysterical.

She goes through a bunch of methods and whether or not they worked - online dating, matchmaking services, being set up through a friend, blind dates, and using "rules" out of dating books. Throughout the year-ish the experiment took place, she writes and documents about the type of men she meets, what she learns, and anything and everything that went wrong/right on these dates. My personal favorite is when she was at dinner with a sexy man and he said she had something by her mouth - they hadn't eaten yet and she realized it was a booger that must've flown out of her nose. I died.

She really inspired me to do a similar experiment. No time soon being I'm about a month out of a 2 year relationship and the thought of dating anyone else literally makes me feel sick...but maybe next summer when I'm good & ready I can blog about all my different dating exploits.

If you're looking for a fun read to breeze through while you lay out and tan or just need something easy to read in between something heavy, totally recommend this - single or not - you'll get a good laugh and might even learn a little bit about yourself.

What's the best/worst date you've been on? Would you want to document your dates? Interested in this book? Read any other books like this one? Share below!

1 comment: