Saturday, May 28, 2011

spring cleaning!

It's been about 2 weeks since I moved out of my apartment on the UAlbany campus and dumped all the crap I hoarded the past 4 years into my room. All my clothes are unpacked and a few boxes here and there remain to sort through, but my mom is already getting fed up with the mess. I don't blame her - I have no idea where all this stuff came from. We were gunna go shoe shopping tonight, but after getting 4 blisters walking around the city today, I decided we needed to postpone that. Instead, we tackled my closet...well everything but the actual hanging clothes. My closet is a nice size and has a lot of space on the floor and has 2 shelves above the clothes. I decided to picture document some of the stuff that made me nostalgic and share it with you all in hopes that you will, in turn, do some spring cleaning so that you can relive all the childhood
memories you so carelessly flung inside your closet.


First, my lovely pile of shoes...this doesn't even core half of them but I thought the image of them splattered across my floor was amusing.










Next, for your entertainment, my 5th grade graduation photo, found in an album made up of old friends and really old family pictures.










*GASP* A GAMEBOY? Yes my friends. This is an original gameboy-mini. No color, no touch screen, no nothing. Fully equipped with 4 different Pokemon games, Tetris, and plenty of Mario games. It makes me sad that kids of the next generation will never get a chance to grow up on Gameboys and are spoiled brats playing on their DS's :)

















Spice Girl Movie stickers and NSync/O-Town books.
Ah, the music of my elementary school career. Couldn't throw any of this away, especially since all three of these groups are still on my ipod.














Speaking of ipod, this contraption is pre-historic compared to our fancy mP3 players. I wouldn't even be surprised if my 14 year old step sister didn't know what this is called. And for those of you reading this who may be younger, this is an original WalkMan. What did it do? Well, it played cassette tapes. Mine was actually advanced for the time and got radio reception, too. Crazy to think how far we've come. Look how big it was! I sadly threw it away, because although I used to carry this around with me everywhere, it is simply useless in today;s world.


Well, there you have it folks. After an hour and much more findings, my closet is almost completely clean. Now I just have to go through the clothes..which will be another task in itself. I hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane. Would love to hear your comments about what you have found in your recent cleanings trips. HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!

5 comments:

  1. My closet had very similar items hoarded in it before we moved when I was in 9th grade. Now I condensed my childhood to a shoe box :( great post, Shari!
    - <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, so happy you posted this! I've been doing the exact same thing and finding some great stuff too haha I am so slow in organizing because I keep finding things that are hilarious including journals, photo albums, etc. It's awesome! P.S. I would love to play some pokemon on that gameboy haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I kept my discman and my nomad mp3 player - they are historic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wrong, Amanda should totally know what that is, i have one somewhere in the depths of the office... Im totally going to stalk your blog, you just linked it on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all the great comments & support guys!

    @maria - i doubt michelle does though! haha

    ReplyDelete